Thursday, October 15, 2009

matchup of the weak:


As. Simple. As. It. Gets. The past two match up of the weaks have been amazing...Can these two unworthy competitors keep it going?

The current last place team v. the perennial last place team.

(Sad as it is, I run this blog and yet I've had to pick myself in two, count 'em TWO, match ups of the weak.)

On the season fishsticks has the second lowest point total (994) and has broken Carl's dream weight (200) only twice on the season. Patience finally gave way to rash decision making as fishsticks has increased the roster moves exponentially in the past 3 weeks. Oddly enough, adding/dropping has done nothing to improve the performance.

On the other hand we have MANSWEATERS. After last week, MS broke the 1000 point threshold by doing the bare minimum (getting 1000 on the dot). He stands 2-3 on the season with wins over Ralph and G. He is in 6th Place and coming off a loss to Numero Uno: The Breaston Plants. Much like the sticks, MS has only eclipsed 200 twice, (in life - not since the day he was born) on the season and is looking to take advantage of what most deem to be an easy match up.

I was able to interview both managers prior to deadline and this is what they had to say:

fishsticks: "If I don't beat Carl, it is over. My fantasy mediocrity has turned to fantasy crapiness and it is time to shit or get off the pot. The one thing I do know is that win, lose or draw Carl is still a fag. I mean just look at his name 'MANSWEATERS.' The dude sweats men. He is admitting it to everyone and for that alone I should get the W. Regardless, I got McNabb back and I am working on some big things. Don't be surprised if the roster you see today isn't the same one that runs out there on Sunday but even if it is...that dick rider is going down."

MANSWEATERS: "No comments at this time. My secretary will get back to you."

One can only hope that secretary is a female, because if it is a male, he may never come up from beneath Carl's desk long enough to answer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment